New Year’s Resolutions. ew. While they sound totally glamorous and life-changing, we all know that no one ever aaactually keeps them, and if you do, then props to you, but me? I never usually last for a day Which is why at the start of 2013 I planned to make zero resolutions, but I broke that when I decided I would make one and only one (drumroll please…):
I will read 170 books by the end of the year (Dec. 31st, 2013)
Now while this may not seem superduper impressive, for the fact that I am a junior in high school who is going through IB diploma, who rarely sees her friends on the weekends due to the fact that we have insane amounts of homework, this is going to be a challenge for me. I calculated and if I were to be on track I would have to read 14 books a month. While that is the dream life, I just don’t have time for that. But I always love a good challenge.
So what I’ve decided to do is for every 15 books that I’ve read so far, I’m going to post a list of the books that I’ve read and maybe a short summary. Then if you guys think the book sounds interesting and want me to do a review, just comment below! Some of these I probably will though. I am extreemely excited with this resolution, its one of the few that I’ve made in my 16 years of living that I actually like So far, I have loved almost every single book I’ve read.
So lets go:
- The Outsider- Albert Camus (translated from the French “L’Etranger”)
I must admit this is a little cheating because I had to read it for my English class. oh well.
2. The Doll’s House- Henrik Ibsen (its a play… does this count? :/)
3. Chronicle of a Death Foretold: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
4-6. Bad Girls Don’t Die Trilogy: Katie Alender
7. Lone Wolf: Jodi Picoult
8. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: Jonathan Safran Foer
9. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time: Mark Haddon
10. A Spot of Bother: Mark Haddon
11. The Help: Kathryn Stockett (loved EVERY second of it)
12. Spellman Files #1: Lisa Lutz
13. Between the Lines: Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer
14. Dancing on the Edge: Han Nolan
15. The Beach House: Jane Green